Androidphone without Google
Actually, I planned this quite a while. Basically not, because I don’t like the Google eco system. Absolutely contrary. But I want to have control of my property. And, as I have a very very low speced device, I need free RAM!
Here the steps to follow, with the expectation that your phone is:
In my case that’s a CyanogenMod 11 nightly.
Maybe, a bullet point below or above may raise an eyebrow. Thus you have to type in this bullet point together with the name of your phone into your search engine of choice and see how each and every step is done on your specific device.
- First, get a nightly/rom from Cyanogen or another group!
- Get freecyngn (more to that later).
- Boot into recovery (POWER+VOLUME-UP)
- Backup your phone using the recovery partition.
- Wipe the following partitions:
- dalvik cache
- Format/wipe your system partition.
- Install your nightly/rom.
- Do NOT reboot, yet!
In the end, however, the interesting proprietary residue from Google, which is built in is Google Analytics. If you have a CyanogenMod You can remove it with freecyngn:
- Install freecyngn as if it is a rom, AFTER you have installed your nightly/rom
- Make sure the error outputs in /system/freecyngn/log are OK.
- Use the backup to reinstall your Apps
On a side-note: This is just the beginning. Next, I would recommend to: